AWARDS and/or RECOGNITIONS
1) Second in order of merit and awardee of the Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search (JB-NSTS) Scholarship at the annual competitive examination 1974.
2) Prize winner at the JB-NSTS Science Fair in 1974.
3) First Prize winner at the JB-NSTS Science Fair 1975.
4) Second Prize awardee at the Seminar on ‘Energy Resources for the Future’ at the Dept. of Applied Physics, Calcutta University, 1977.
5) Certificate of Merit awardee at the 3rd State Level Science Exhibition, Calcutta, 1977.
6) Received the Gold Medal of the Institution of Engineers (India), in 1986.
7) Awarded the Indian National Science Academy (INSA) Medal for young Scientists, in 1987.
8) Received the Certificate of Merit of the Institution of Engineers (India), in 1988.
9) Received the Pandit M. M. Malaviya Memorial Gold Medal of the Institution of Engineers (India), in 1989.
10) Received the Tata Rao Prize of the Institution of Engineers (India), in 1994.
11) Received the 20th IETE Bimal Bose award for “Outstanding contribution in the field of Power Electronics” from the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India), in 2004.
12) Received the Best Paper Award at the 2nd National Power Electronics Conference, IIT Kharagpur, in 2005.
13) Received the IEEE PES Chapter Outstanding Engineer Award in recognition of the outstanding contribution in Power Engineering Education, in 2016.